Two Arizona Counties Get Disaster Declaration
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer says President Barak Obama has approved her major disaster declaration request for federal assistance for Maricopa and La Paz counties following the severe flooding on Sept. 8.
Federal aid will take the specific form of the Public Assistance Program and the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program.
Under the Public Assistance Program, the federal government will reimburse 75 percent of eligible costs for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the permanent restoration of public infrastructure.
Last month, the U.S. Small Business Administration declared an emergency in Maricopa County, which makes low-interest federal loans available to residents and business owners in Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Yavapai and Yuma counties.
- Judge Nixes Uber’s RICO Suit Alleging NY Lawyers, Doctors Conspired on Auto Claims
- Tornado Alley’s on the Move and Creating New Risk Concerns, Modeler Says
- State Farm Must Give Up Trade Secrets in Claims Lawsuits, but Under Court Review
- Lawsuit Alleges TWIA Fraudulently Reduced Claim Estimates From Hurricane Beryl