People Moves: Renewable Energy Lead at Marsh Specialty; Regional D&O Team Hires at AXA XL; Chubb Names Chief Culture Officer
Marsh Specialty Appoints Kolodner Global Renewable Energy Leader
Marsh has appointed Michael Kolodner as global renewable energy leader, Marsh Specialty. Kolodner rejoined Marsh in 2020 as U.S. power and renewable energy leader. In his new role, he will maintain his current responsibilities, while also leading an integrated team of more than 250 renewable energy specialists around the world.
Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Kolodner brings more than 20 years of operational, brokerage, advisory, and underwriting experience in clean energy risk and insurance management to his expanded global role. He is a former US Naval nuclear submarine officer, risk manager for Exelon Corporation, leader of Marsh’s U.S. Nuclear Energy Practice, and vice president of underwriting for Nuclear Electric Insurance Ltd.
AXA XL Names Regional D&O Underwriting Teams
AXA XL Insurance’s Professional Liability team has built out its regional underwriting management structure, promoting five to region leader positions.
AXA XL’s enhanced directors and officers regional teams now include:
- Rob Martin, joining Greg McCoy and Jason Hawkins to managing professional liability business in AXA XL’s east zone, the business’s largest zone.
- Brendan Carpenter, joining Nick Carlson and Hank Toolan in managing regional business in the central zone.
- Katie Konfala and Cara Hardacker are teaming up with Ed Perry to lead growth of AXA XL’s regional book of business in its west zone.
AXA XL Stamford, Connecticut, is domiciled in Hamilton, Bermuda, and has more than 100 offices on six continents.
Chubb Appoints Darryl Page Chief Culture Officer
Chubb Limited has appointed Darryl Page as vice president, Chubb Group and chief culture officer. Page will oversee Chubb’s culture and diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. The appointment is effective January 9, 2023.
Page is returning to Chubb after retiring from the company in July. Page has more than 35 years of experience in the insurance industry. Most recently, he led Chubb’s international personal lines business from 2012 to 2022. Before joining Chubb, he served as president of personal insurance at Fireman’s Fund in the U.S., and during his 27-year career at Allstate, he served as chairman of Allstate Canada.
- Former Allstate Agent in North Carolina Ordered to Abide by Non-Compete Agreement
- Tesla Launched its Own Car Insurance. These Drivers Say it’s a Lemon.
- New Jersey Supreme Court: Workers’ Compensation Covers Commuting Employee’s Car Crash Injury
- Hall Sues Oates, Wins Restraining Order Over Plan to Sell Stake in Joint Venture