AmWINS Forms Non-Standard Auto Specialty Division
AmWINS Group, Inc. has combined its various non-standard auto operating entities to create AmWINS Specialty Auto (ASA), a new operation within the AmWINS Underwriting Division.
The combined entities include Newport General Agency (acquired in April 2010), American Southwest Insurance Managers, Excel General Agency, Statewide Claim Service and Oakwood Software Insurance Solutions (all acquired in February 2011). The combined operation will retain separate brand names within the Texas marketplace and leverage the new ASA brand as it expands outside Texas. AmWINS Specialty Auto will be comprised of four divisions:
- Claims: includes the in-house claims and staff appraisal departments and all third-party claims administration relationships;
- Operations: includes the underwriting, accounting and all third-party policy administration relationships, as well as Oakwood Software and its third-party relationships;
- Product management and risk distribution: includes product design, actuarial and carrier/reinsurer relationships; and
- Sales and marketing: includes marketing, sales, branding and agent relations.
The combined firm will be led by Jim S. Whited, chairman; David Scruggs, president; Debra Williams, executive vice president, claims; Dennis DiCapua, executive vice president, product management and chief risk officer; and Chuck McMillan, vice president, sales and marketing. Scruggs will also oversee the Operations Division.
AmWINS Group, Inc. is a specialty distributor of insurance products across a mix of property, casualty and group benefits products.
- Change at Top at AmWINS: Purviance to Take Over DeCarlo’s CEO Role
- E&S Exit: State Auto’s Rockhill Sells Environmental Insurance Renewals to CapSpecialty
- Cyber Incidents Most Feared BI Trigger for Global Companies: Allianz Risk Report
- Woman Paralyzed by Chicago Bus Shelter Collapse Settles for $115M