Marsh & McLennan Clears Final Regulatory Hurdle to Close on Buying JLT on April 1
Marsh & McLennan Cos. (MMC) announced on Friday, March 22 that the European Commission has approved its $5.6 billion acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc.
All regulatory and competition authority approvals required to close the transaction have now been satisfied, said MMC.
The deal was first announced in September 2018.
A hearing at the UK High Court has been set for March 29, 2019. Subject to the court’s approval, the transaction is expected to close on April 1, MMC affirmed.
The deal, which was hammered out in about 11 days between MMC CEO Dan Glaser and JLT Group CEO Dominic Burke, looks to b one of the largest ever involving insurance brokers. Last year, KKR & Co. and Canada’s Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec acquired USI Insurance Services for $4.3 billion.
- MMC Acquisition of JLT on Track to Close in Spring
- Marsh McLennan Acquisition of JLT Clears Key U.S. Antitrust Hurdle
- Drivers of Marsh & McLennan-JLT Deal: Too Much Capital, Not Enough Growth – Opinion
- Marsh & McLennan Moved Quickly as Stars and People Aligned in JLT Deal
- Marsh & McLennan to Acquire Broker JLT
- BB&T, SunTrust to Rebrand as Truist; North Carolina Headquarters Announced
- City of London Tackles Its Daytime Drink Problem – One Institution at a Time: Opinion
- Scientists Vow to Report Flood Risk for Every U.S. Property for Free
- How Insurers Are Digitizing Claims with Apps, Photos, Videos, E-Payments and More